Don’t you hate it when you google for some recipe? Make it, and it comes out like crap. Me too! That’s why I gained roughly 5lbs testing out the best gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe for you. Someone had to taste test the dough and the cookies, it was hard work, but someone had to do it 😉 you’re welcome!
Buttt, don’t you also hate it when you google for some healthy version of a recipe and it has like one trillion different ingredients? And your thinking well shoot I don’t think I have the bank account to buy out all of whole foods. Well, don’t worry! All of the ingredients I listed below are cheap and can be bought at your local store, so don’t be intimidated! Bobs red mill has you covered [not an ad, I’m not cool enough for that] but seriously, the “flours” are less than $5, so you got this!
Ugh, honestly I’m scared to share this recipe with you- I was excited- but now I’m just like no I can’t share my secret slaved over recipe for free with the whole damn world. HA! Alright, I’m going to grind my teeth and give it to y’all.
♥ Best Damn Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF) ♥
By: Pantless with wine
2 Sticks of Butter (Room temp or melted; NOT COLD)
2 Cups Brown Rice Flour
1/8 cup Potato Starch (if you don’t have it, just replace it with cornstarch)
1/8 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp of Xanthum gum
1 and 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
1 tsp Himalayan salt, or your favorite salt.
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar (you can use light brown sugar instead, if needed)
1 EGG YOLK ONLY- for heavens sake, don’t mess this up.
2 tablespoons CANNED coconut milk (you want that creamy fatty yummy stuff!)
1.5 tsp vanilla
2 cups of chocolate chips
BAKE IT! Throw your pants on the bed, and pull the wine out.
- Mix the flour, xanthum gum, salt, baking soda, potato starch and cornstarch together in a medium bowl. I use to always disregard mixing the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, but with gluten free cooking it actually is important- so do it!
- Beat the melted or very softened butter with the sugar for a few minutes, until its fluffy. Dip your finger in, taste it, so damn good. Add the egg, egg YOLK, canned coconut milk and vanilla. Beat it for another minute. Dip your finger in it, risk getting salmonella, and enjoy some more ha.
- Slowly add the bowl of well mixed dry ingredients to your buttery-sugar-eggy delicious bowl while you beat it for a few more minutes.
- Cover the dough, put it in your fridge for an hour. [This is the part where half of the dough gets eaten before its baked in my house 🙂 ]
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. How do you like your cookies? If you like’em big, scoop a tablespoon of dough and place on the buttered tray, bake for 11 minutes. If you like’em smaller, scoop 1/2 tablespoon out, roll it into a ball and place in the oven for 9 minutes.
- Let them cool for a minute and then use a spatula to remove them from a tray and put them on a plate. If you just grab them off the tray it comes off in pieces because they are so delicious and gooey when they first come out of the oven.